Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog! Blogging is a very new concept for me, so bear with me if you respond to something I've posted and it takes a few days for me to comment. I will make every effort to reply to all postings on my site, however it may take me a few days to figure out how to do it! :)
Ok, a little about me...I'm a mommy of two, my daughter is 6 and my son is 3 1/2. Sometimes I feel like I have more children between my dog, my cat, and my wonderful husband. Aside from being a mommy, (which is the most important job to me), I'm also a full-time birth-3 teacher, which means that I get to go into people's homes and play with their "babies" all day. Not really. Yes, I get to play with wonderful children from birth to age 3, hence the title, but my job entails much more than that. I am in these folks homes to help them work with their children who have a disability. I "work" with the children as well, which usually means, like I mentioned above, that I get to play. My job doesn't stop here however. I have done a lot of research and attended speakings on the parenting topic. So the other side of my job is to help these parents to be the most successful parents they can be. This ranges from discipline tactics all the way to potty training.
I have created this blog to help other parents (note, it's not just for moms) be the most successful parents they can be. There will be articles that I write, based on current research/public opinions as well as personal experience. I will admit that I don't have all the answers (of course), so I will post questions that I"d LOVE to hear responses to. I may also just post a funny story that I want to share with you all. I would also love to hear your experiences and advice.
So sit back and please enjoy my first attempt at blogging!

No comments: